Saturday, December 30, 2017

I Love Cole Slaw

I love the Cole Slaw from KFC so I went in search of a recipe for a knock-off version.  I found and tried this version here:  I tried it and loved it!  The original ingredients include minced onions which I did not add... I’m not a raw onion lover. 
  • Sugar - 1/3 Cup
  • Mayonnaise - 1/2 Cup
  • Buttermilk, Well Shaken - 1/4 Cup
  • Whole Milk - 1/4 Cup
  • White Vinegar - 1 1/2 Tablespoons
  • Fresh Lemon Juice - 2 1/2 Tablespoons
  • Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
  • Black Pepper - 1/8 Teaspoon
  • Cabbage, Finely Diced - 8 Cups (or 1-16 Ounce Bag Coleslaw)
  • Carrot, Shredded (Omit If You're Using Bagged Coleslaw Mix - 1/4 Cup
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients until smooth and well combined. Add cabbage and carrot and mix until evenly coated.
  2. Cover bowl and refrigerate 4 hours minimum or overnight. Stir well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment