Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sarah's Fried Sweet Potatoes

My Sister Sarah
I talked with my sister Sarah this morning (she is our family's Amazing Grace) and she fried some sweet potatoes for our mother's breakfast.  I remember eating this amazing dish as a child ... one of the many wonderful delicious things our Mother cooked for us.  I don't know why I've not continued this tradition but my sister has.  I asked her how she prepared hers and the recipe she gave me is surprisingly simple.  Sarah says:

"I just peel them, slice them up, and cook them covered on medium heat, take them out and sprinkle with salt...".  Sarah says a dear, departed, friend of hers, Patsy, sprinkled hers with sugar.

Looking forward to cooking these so, here's a picture of hers on the left.  They look so yummy.


Note;  Sarah says she does turn them over while cooking them.  If you wait until the bottom of the potatoes are browned, you’ve probably cooked them too long and they will be hard.  Use your judgment.  She saves her leftover grease from frying her potatoes in a cannng jar.


2 comments:

  1. I love fried sweet potatoes. What was surprising to me was when I had them at a restaurant and they served them with syrup. They were sooo good. Some restaurants serve them with brown sugar, but the syrup is the best in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually poured syrup on your fried sweet potatoes? If anything, I would have smeared butter on them. I don’t like brown sugar on my sweet potatoes either ... just butter.

    ReplyDelete