Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Mexican Cornbread, Please

Mexican Cornbread
Since discovering how to grind my own cornmeal from popcorn, I’ve wanted to try my hand at Mexican Cornbread from some of my freshly ground cornmeal.  I purchased a 14-cup Cuisinart Food Processor a couple of years ago and I’ve had it just sitting on my counter top, unused.  I’ve looked at it several times and actually wondered why I purchased a machine so complex and intimidating rather than one that is simple enough to just plug in and process.  The recipe calls for grated cheddar cheese and I decided that I wanted to try-out this food processor to grate the cheese.  I was totally blown away with the ease in which it grated that cheese.  No longer intimidated, I’m looking forward to using it again real soon.  I think I may try making a batch of cookies real soon using the dough blade.


Mexican Cornbread

    • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
    • 1 tsp salt
    • 4 tsp baking powder
    • 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
    • 4 eggs
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 1 15-oz can cream style corn
    • 1/2 cup chopped jalapeño peppers
    • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Grind the popcorn to make enough cornmeal to equal 1 1/2 cups
  2. Grate the cheese in the food processor (to equal 1 cup ... a little over will not hurt)
  3. Chop the jalapeño peppers (either fresh or canned)
  4. Combine dry ingredients together in medium mixing bowl
  5. Add eggs, vegetable oil, and corn and mix well
  6. Fold in jalapeño peppers and cheese
  7. Spoon into hot prepared pans
  8. Bake at 350 F 30 minutes or until done.



No comments:

Post a Comment